As an extension of last week’s tute, this week our task was to film more cutaways to complement our previously shot and edited interview. So we brought our gear out on the streets, going handheld this time around. Apart from some shaky shots and not getting the exposure quite right for a couple of them, I’d say the filming went pretty well. Here’s the new and improved version of my interview exercise.
The course is now well underway and this week, we conducted our first filming exercise. I’ve always been a fan of these hands-on exercises. They are super fun to do, and not to mention a great way to learn. We got into small groups of 3 or 4 and off we went. I was in charge of audio and Tamie was our subject for the day. I’ve played around with the audio equipment a couple of times prior to this but I’ve never actually tried recording anything with it. And so, getting it set up just right was slightly more challenging than I imagined it would be. But I managed to figure it out at the end of the day and that’s all that matters. Anyway, without further or due, here is the interview exercise all cut up and ready for viewing.